The holidays are a great time to send employees and their families seasons greetings and reminders to stay healthy and safe throughout the new year. Here are a few suggested tips to remind employees about what they can do for themselves and those they love to stay safe, and healthy during the holidays:
- Have a designated driver if you are going to be drinking alcohol.
- Keep a pair of scissors handy to open gifts that are difficult to unwrap.
- Remember to keep food refrigerated and to not let it sit out for too long to avoid any chance of food poisoning.
- Have someone assist you in holiday decorating, especially if using a ladder.
- Use multiple electrical outlets to avoid overcrowding with too many plugs.
- Keep an ice scrapper in your car to clear away any winter weather that may obstruct your view.
- Remember to blow out any candles before leaving home.
- Check to make sure your smoke detector is working properly (the fire department is usually happy to come over and check)
- Take your time when traveling to avoid accidents on your way to and from your destinations. Bring directions!
- Remember to try and relax, smile and enjoy the company of those you are around this holiday.
- Try to avoid overeating and ask a family member to go on a 30 minute walk to get some fresh air and remove yourself from staring at the cooking jar!
If you feel you might need personal e-mail or telephonic coaching give us a call at: 301-229-7555 or contact us at Wellness Corporate Solutions.