To help you make sense of the changes, we've written a brief explanation. You can download it for free. And if you'd like a copy of the official regulations, you can download it here as a PDF.
I'll be blogging about each of the requirements in more detail over the coming weeks. In the meantime, a quick overview:
"Health-contingent" wellness programs, which base rewards or penalties on a health factor or a specific health outcome, must now adhere to five guidelines that address a range of issues:
- How often participants qualify for the program
- How large the reward or penalty can be
- How the wellness program is designed
- The rights of employees who can't meet standards due to a medical condition
- Your obligations to notify participants of their rights