The reality couldn't be more different. Health coaches work with participants at any fitness level with understanding and empathy.
WCS co-founder Juliet Rodman built our coaching program on six fundamental principles that still guide our health coaching philosophy:
- All health coaches must be credentialed and highly-experienced.
- Access to health coaches must be convenient, flexible, and secure.
- Participants will be allowed to work with a single dedicated health coach.
- Coaching interactions will never conform to a preset agenda or script; rather, coaches are to engage participants at their unique state of "readiness to change."
- Participants will be encouraged to outline their own personal health goals and the steps they feel ready to take in working toward those goals.
- Health coaches will function as supportive guides, sources of accountability, and expert resources to direct change and maximize success.